2. Pick a few lines of dialogue that mean something to you.
3. As people guess the film, strike out that entry.
4. If possible, after the film is guessed, explain why that movie made the list.
Red in The Shawshank Redemption - Guessed by piperx - Included because I love Andy Dufresne, I love his spirit, his hopefulness, and the way he influences those around him to believe in better things.
2. Well... they're only an hour late.
Allison in The Breakfast Club - Guessed by mrs_bombadil - Included because this movie is just so full of truth, because I feel for all the characters, especially Allison, and because that line breaks my heart.
-You look better than Veronica Lake.
Lynn and Bud in L. A. Confidential - Guessed by buongiornodaisy - Included because I <3 men of action with hearts of gold like Bud White and Ed Exley.
The Baroness in The Sound of Music - Guessed by seviet - Included because it's one of my favorite love stories ever; I also love the Baroness, and the way she connives and manipulates--and steps down gracefully in the end.
6. I sometimes wonder if you and all the great Reformers could really talk yourselves into believing that the question of the number and nature of the sacraments is really more important than whether those who receive them live or die.
7. -Where about you from?
-I'm from around Tennessee. I ran away when I was 12 years old and I ain't never looked back.
-What ya doin' since then?
-I've been running for President. [pause] I ain't winnin’, though.
8. Women have choices, and men have responsibilities.
Sam in Holes - Guessed by karet - Included because it's a great story about youth with great characters, and the film is one of the best book-to-film adaptations I've seen (though the movie for quote #1 beats it).
10. I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth.
-But not enough. Not enough.
Elinor and Marianne in Sense and Sensibility - Guessed by alphabet26 - Included because I so am Marianne. *sigh*
Wesley in The Princess Bride - Guessed by karet - Included because no matter how many times I see it, it always makes me laugh. A lot.