Yes, another meme. Isn't it exciting?! Stolen from alphabet26.
Pick six fandoms and answer the following questions. Don't look at the questions first.
3. Star Wars
4. Veronica Mars
5. Fruits Basket
6. Full Metal Alchemist
1. Who is your favorite character from #2?
Remus Lupin *yawn* Haven't I answered this a hundred times before?
2. Who is your least favorite character from #4?
I'm never any good at picking a least favorite, because I usually even find the bad characters funny or interesting or something. But I guess I'll go with Madison, because she's a meanie, and not that funny.
3. What would a crossover between #1 and #5 include?
I don't think that's really possible. (It's fandom, Joie! Anything's possible!) Maybe something in which some LOTR characters suffer from a curse similar to the Sohma curse, that causes them to turn into animals and such. But I can't see anything like Yuki and Kyo helping the Rohirrim defend Helm's Deep with their mad martial arts skillz. It just doesn't work. Oh, wait! I know! Eowyn could meet Kagura and Motoko Minagawa in some weird world between worlds and they could commiserate about their hopeless crushes on men meant for other women and eat chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream together.
4. Who is your favorite ship from #6?
Ed/Winry. I found a video on youtube for this ship to the song "Harbor" by Vienna Teng, and it's the perfect song for them (note to my HP friends: the song works for Harry/Ginny, too):
You've got a journey to make
There's your horizon to chase
So go far beyond where we stand
No matter the distance
I'm holding your hand
Sail your sea
Meet your storm
All I want is to be your harbor
The light in me
Will guide you home
All I want is to be your harbor
Full lyrics here. And the video I mentioned is here, if anyone's interested.
5. If you were to set one person from #3 and one person from #6 on a blind date, who would they be?
I love Al, and I think he needs a nice young lady (although I'm afraid he's not much good for romance until he gets his body back). Perhaps...that brave handmaiden who switched places with Padme (the one played by Kiera Knightly, IIRC)?
6. If you could meet one person from #4 and spend the day with them, who would it be, and what would you do?
Logan, and we'd make out on his yacht. (This is my fantasy, so I can pretend Veronica doesn't exist, right? And that I have no scruples...)
7. If you could change one thing about #2's plot line, what would you change?
Umm...you're kidding, right?
8. Explain a relationship between two people (not necessarily romantic) from show #5, and why you like the relationship between them.
Part of me would like to wax poetic about the beautiful love story between Tohru and Kyo, but instead I'll go for something different: Yuki and Ayame. A younger brother's annoyance and grudging appreciation and an older brother's guilt and overbearing affection add up to a pricelessly funny and touching relationship. I love it.
9. If the lead title characters (first name in the credits) from #1 and #3 were both drowning, and you could only save one, who would it be?
Um...who counts as lead title character in these cases? Well, let's say it's Frodo and Anakin/Vader. I would save Frodo. (And if he were pitted against Luke, I would still choose Frodo.) For one thing, he's more likely to actually need my help. For another...he's Frodo.
10. If you could change the title characters' order in the credits for #4, what order would you choose?
Why would I do that? *confused*
11. If you were able to add a new character, any kind of character you wanted, to the storyline for #6, what would the character be like and what would their role be?
As I said above, I think Al could use a love interest. As to what she'd be like, though, I have no idea.
12. What happens in your favourite episode of show #2?
My favorite book is PoA. My thumbnail synopsis for that is this: Harry finds out some important things about his father and his father's friends.
13. If you could kill off one of the characters of #1, who would it be and how would you do it?
No, thanks. I think Tolkien did a pretty good job of killing everyone who really needed killing. As you can tell from my answers to 7, 10, and this one, I'm not really into messing around with canon.
14. If you got the chance to visit the set for either show #3 or show #5, which would you choose?
Much as I love FB, I think a visit to the set of Star Wars is bound to be more interesting than just about anything.
15. So, I saved the best question for last. If you could date anyone from any of these shows, which show and which person?
While there are many characters from these stories that I lust after, I'm hard pressed to think of one that I really, seriously would want to date, if he were a real person. I don't really think any of them are quite right for me. Kazuma Sohma comes the closest, I think, in terms of personality, but--unlike Hanajima--I'm not really into much-older men. So that would only work if it were a version of him closer to my age.
Mom and I watched Out of Africa this evening. It's a beautiful movie.
On a completely different note, I would like to recommend another AMV, mainly because the song is funny (the choice of characters/clips adds to the humor if you are an anime fan, but it should be funny even to people who are not anime fans, because the song itself is amusing and appeals to anyone who knows general pop culture): The Ultimate Anime Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.
Must go to bed now. Good night!